Fresh fruit and vegetables, preferably organic
- content begins to degrade immediately after harvest as do some vitamins,
- the longest is a week but to be safe probably like a few days just to be sure so the closer to harvest you eat them the more nutrition you will obtain.
Sometimes there is not a substitute for fresh. Fresh fruits and vegetables should be consumed in the week you purchase them to avoid rot or lessening nutritional value
it only becomes “alive” again when it rots, then it is alive with fungus, maggots and other growth….
- plant sterols that have been proven effective against heart disease.
However fruits, along with vegetables, are great for your health as they are full of dietary fiber, minerals and vitamins and you need to try and eat five servings of fruits and vegetables every day. Fruits certainly are not full of empty calories!
Sprouts, seeds, nuts
- Raw nuts are healthy within moderation. They contain good fats. nuts lower cholesterol too. Each kind of nut tastes different. The role of tree nuts and peanuts in the prevention of coronary heart disease: multiple potential mechanisms. Roasted salted nuts are unhealthy.
Make sure you get organic, or pesticide-free seeds intended for edible sprouts. Many commercial seeds, used for planting, are pre-coated with fungicides, pesticides, and other things that you won’t want to eat.
- nuts is rich in calcium, which will offer a protein boost
- The macadamia nut is also known as the “Queensland nut” or, in some areas, “bauple nut” (pronounced “bopple”).
- It’s not impossible to make brownies without milk, eggs or nuts.
- here I chart I found online : http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/health-benefits-nuts
You need to eat more vegetables and fruits than lean meats. I am like I know that..lol
- beans are digested slowly, keeping you satisfied longer. Plus, beans are low in sugar, which prevents insulin
- A natural hormone made by the pancreas that controls the level of the sugar glucose in the blood. Insulin permits cells to use glucose for energy. Cells cannot utilize glucose without insulin.
- in the bloodstream from spiking and causing hunger.
- the most ancient plants in cultivation and also among the easiest to grow. Beans grow best in FULL SUN….also they like a good composted ammended soil…Do not soak beans in water overnight before planting for they will develop a root rot..beans are very succepttable to fungi type diseases..
Dried fruit is sorta
- Healthy Dry Fruits & Nuts Snack category ..
- Over all, fresh fruit is always better than dried, Period!
Dried fruit isn’t bad, but it isn’t great. If you really like the taste of dried fruit (like raisins or dried pineapple)
Not all fruits will dry well, so focus only on the ones known to produce excellent results when dried. if you have the machine great!
Set the dehydrator to its “fruit” setting. or wait a really hot day if you going this outside and that take many days if you dont have a store near by the sell them.. incase you have a craving.. I really like the mango in moderation.
Seaweeds consist of several groups of multicellular algae: the red algae, green algae, and brown algae.
The photosynthesis chemicals in these classes
- are different and do not necessarily involve chlorophyll.
- If you are curious about it here this website is awesome!
In the biomedicine and pharmaceutical industries, alginates are used in wound dressings, and production of dental moulds and have a host of other applications. ..
n Asia, gim (in Korea) and nori (in Japan) are sheets of dried Porphyra used in soups or to wrap sushi.
- I fancy delicious wafu seaweed salad.
in case you dont know who he is this is Fresh Prince!
- Fresh lettuce
- This lettuce variety contains vitamins A and C, which help support skin health and immune function.
- I just like it because it is more crisp and refreshing in a sandwich.
- the benefits are here: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/10-powerful-advantages-of-eating-lettuce.html
- Know the difference between spice and herbs..
- In general use, herbs are any plants used for food,
- flavoring, medicine, or perfume. Culinary use typically distinguishes herbs
- and a spice..
- Aim to purchase your spices whole if possible
- spicy such as ginger, turmeric, or chillies, wasabi, mustard, pepper and Szechwan peppers and give a warming sensation, and have powerful anti-inflammatory effects
- Continue to explore your own tastes for spice.
- You want the spices in your food to enhance the dish you are preparing rather than overpower it.
- Sweeteners (natural only)
- Natural sweeteners like honey, molasses, and pure maple syrup contain nutrition our body needs, while sugar contains just empty calories. Coconut sugar, monk fruit, dates are other alternatives. Pure, natural stevia contains many nutrients as all.